Welcome! Hippie skirts and Harleys essentially explains my life. I am the hippie mom who likes to do a lot of things the natural way, and hippie skirts tend to be my favorite wardrobe item. Harleys is pretty self explanatory. My husband and I love to get on the bike and just go. Some people would consider us strange, but we're just us...

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Update: $100 Challenge


I have an update to my $100 Challenge! I have recently tried a couple more options that I think everyone should know about.

First up are Alvababy diapers. These are similar to Sunbaby diapers. I find the fit a little larger, so they might be better if you are starting with an older baby. They are very affordable. I found a 20 diaper package for $84.00 and free shipping. 20 diapers should be enough for every other day washings for many babies (not my lovely frequent wetter though).
Here is the link: alvababy.com
Next up is an ultra affordable option, 60 flannel prefolds for $29.95. 50 cents a diaper! Unbelievable. Free shipping again too. I thought these were too good to be true when I ordered them, but they work! I live by the idea that you can never have enough prefolds, but this will get you close. I have used them with a snappi, folded in a cover, stuffed in pockets, as a soaker in all-in-2s. They are so useful. They are a made from a few layers of flannel and are fairly thin, so heavy wetters might need 2 diapers to be effective. A couple of mine frayed a bit on the edge, but it didn't change the effectiveness of the diaper. You can't beat this deal! Pair them with 4 diaper covers of your choice (econobums, thirsties, etc. can be found on Amazon too), and you are good to go. Here is the link: amazon super cheap prefolds

I will keep trying more options and passing on anything I find worthwhile. Remember, I have personally used each of these options, so they do work for me. Hope this helps!

1 comment:

  1. what a fun blog! I'm glad I found it. excited to see future posts.

    kathryn
    www.thebusybeefamileee.blogspot.com
    www.thedragonsfairytail.blogspot.com
    twitter: kathblogger

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...