Welcome! Hippie skirts and Harleys essentially explains my life. I am the hippie mom who likes to do a lot of things the natural way, and hippie skirts tend to be my favorite wardrobe item. Harleys is pretty self explanatory. My husband and I love to get on the bike and just go. Some people would consider us strange, but we're just us...

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The Real Nursing Cookie Recipe

I was looking at my nursing cookies post, when I realized that is not how a really make my cookies. That recipe will still help boost milk production, but it's not exactly how I make them. I have a terrible habit of rewriting recipes or writing new ones and not keeping track of every step and ingredient. I swear someone has to watch me make a recipe to get the whole thing. I make so many recipes by memory only. I can blame it on my Grams, she does the same thing. The biggest change is that I don't use butter. I use organic applesauce for all butter, oil, and fat in my baking recipes. Here are the changes, with the actual ingredients and amounts (as close as I can eyeball).

Nursing Cookies to boost lactation

Ingredients:

1 C Applesauce

1 C sugar

1 C brown sugar

3 T water

2 T flaxseed meal (no subs)

2 Lg eggs

1 t vanilla

2 C flour

1 t baking soda

1 t salt

4.5 C Thick cut oats

1 C Chocolate chips

4 T Brewers Yeast (no substitutions)

1 T Fenugreek

Preparation:

Preheat oven to 350

Mix 2 T of flaxseed meal and water, set aside 3-5 minutes.

Cream applesauce and sugar.

Add eggs.

Stir flaxseed mix into butter mix and add vanilla.

Beat until well blended.

Sift: dry ingredients, except oats and choc chips.

Add butter mix to dry ing.

Stir in the oats and then the choc chips, fenugreek, and brewers yeast.

Drop on parchmant paper on baking sheet.

Bake 10-15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...