Welcome! Hippie skirts and Harleys essentially explains my life. I am the hippie mom who likes to do a lot of things the natural way, and hippie skirts tend to be my favorite wardrobe item. Harleys is pretty self explanatory. My husband and I love to get on the bike and just go. Some people would consider us strange, but we're just us...

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Operation: Princess


Operation: Princess made some progress this week. Not as much as I'd like, for health reasons, but progress none the less.

My mom and I wandered up to one of our favorite craft stores and found plenty of treasures! I was looking at fabric, as usual, while she made some fabulous paper finds. Remember the princess fabric? She found the matching paper! It is perfect! I had no idea that there was matching paper. I have so many ideas for this pack. Most of them involve my moms cricut machine. If you don't know what that is, it is awesome! It cuts out shapes for you. I realize that doesn't sound overly exciting, but there are some really cute shapes. They look clean and detailed too. She happens to have a princess cartridge for it. I am envisioning a sign that reads "Faerie Tale Theatre." Maybe some decoupage in there too!

She also found some adorable stamps: a castle and a crown. I don't know what to do with these yet, but the ideas will come. I am sure these will get plenty of use over the years.

I mistakenly did not get enough fabric to do a large wetbag out of my first batch, so I corrected that mistake.

Hopefully I am feeling up to working on it tomorrow. I would love to do more painting, but we'll have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...