Welcome! Hippie skirts and Harleys essentially explains my life. I am the hippie mom who likes to do a lot of things the natural way, and hippie skirts tend to be my favorite wardrobe item. Harleys is pretty self explanatory. My husband and I love to get on the bike and just go. Some people would consider us strange, but we're just us...

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Channeling Alexander?



Today has been a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day! I am definitely channeling Alexander today. Most of it has been pretty small, so it could definitely be worse. However, Murphy rules my world.

I can't even recount the entirety of my day. I had to deal with the stupidity of our healthcare system, a screaming drama queen (aka Britches, out of character for her), and I did not enjoy the storm.

I had to borrow my brother's car to take Tater to the surgeon for a pre-op visit. No biggie, he was being an awesome brother to let me use his car, Grizzly had mine (longer story). Tater did have an awesome commentary on our healthcare system though. I'll post that later. Anyway...

His car is not the newest, so it has some big freaking issues hiccups. He failed to mention that the windshield wipers don't work AT ALL perfectly. This wouldn't have been an issue if we hadn't had a complete down pour. So I am stuck half an hour from home with both kids, no wipers, and it is raining cats, dogs, horses, cows, and pigs! We'll throw in a chicken, a 5 foot chicken, for good measure!

Because Britches fell asleep in the car, Tater and I started the doomsday countdown. Otherwise known as the "we have to get our little tushies home before our sweet sleeping baby starts channeling Linda Blair" countdown. Britches is a seriously happy baby, until she isn't. Tater, by the way, was so incredibly well behaved. Especially considering I was stressed. So I opened the car door to get out and fix the wipers, and immediately flooded the car. After several attempts, with the Fedex guy staring at me the entire time--Thanks for the help!-- I managed to get it workable.
--Holy run on sentence Batman, sorry!

We some how made it home in one piece. I made an executive decision to skip the grocery store, because we were done. Seriously, done.

This lovely storm also knocked out my internet, so I totally missed the end of my giveaway! I finally broke down and called my mom and Grizzly (both are out of town, ugh) trying to get someone to update my page. Luckily, my mom called back and was able to post the winner.

Honestly, it could have been so much worse. It was just the little things that just kept piling up. I think I am done channeling Alexander now...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...