Welcome! Hippie skirts and Harleys essentially explains my life. I am the hippie mom who likes to do a lot of things the natural way, and hippie skirts tend to be my favorite wardrobe item. Harleys is pretty self explanatory. My husband and I love to get on the bike and just go. Some people would consider us strange, but we're just us...

Friday, June 24, 2011

Destash? Um, no...

My husband does not need to know how many diapers Britches actually has... Seriously, he has seen them all, he just doesn't need reminding...

I don't think it's excessive, but it is enough that we could go on a week vacation without washing. I like knowing I have more than enough that if our power went out for a week, we'd be fine. As long as it wasn't wash day of course.

I just put together a loaner newborn stash for little Mr. M (who is due in just a couple weeks) out of some of her smaller gender neutral diapers. He has 16 prefolds, 3 covers, and 2 AI2s (one tester and one mama-made I received free with a swap order). Excuse the terrible picture, but the heathens are at it today...

That is plenty for washing everyday. These will go nicely with the dozen one size AI2s and fitteds that little Mr. M's mom ordered from me. Her oldest was born at just over 8 lbs, and my one size diapers fit Britches about then. That should bump her up to a 2 day wash routine. I should destash, but it's nice to have enough diapers to lend and not worry about it! After all, babies do not stay in newborn diapers long. Britches is the exception though, she can technically still fit in all of these.

Besides the diapers, I am making her a wetbag and wipes. I do seem to have a love affair with cloth wipes, I use them for everything. Side note: I have been sick the last couple of weeks, blowing my noise every 2 minutes. My nose is not raw though, because I have used the awesomely squishy cloth wipes. See, useful for everything!

I can't forget that I just received those last chance bumgenious diapers too. As soon as I convert some to snaps, he will have a one-size loaner stash if they need it too! I love diapers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...