Welcome! Hippie skirts and Harleys essentially explains my life. I am the hippie mom who likes to do a lot of things the natural way, and hippie skirts tend to be my favorite wardrobe item. Harleys is pretty self explanatory. My husband and I love to get on the bike and just go. Some people would consider us strange, but we're just us...

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Co-ops


Have you ever taken part in a co-op? They can be fantastic, or they can make you want to beat your head against a wall. There is no denying that the prices are great, but the waiting is what kills me. Realistically, I have not had to wait very long, but I want it! I am currently a part of a dozen couple of co-ops. I am still fairly new to them, and would not consider taking on the responsibility of running one, but this is what I have learned so far:

1. A very patient and industrious person decides to contact a company and start a co-op for a particular item. We'll say fabric for examples sake.
2. This person then finds others to join the co-op, enticing them with a great price on the fabric.
3. People hem and haw over making a purchase, which drags out the ordering process for everyone.
4. Waiting...
5. They eventually decide to join in.
6. The co-op will now rapidly fill up, because the people who joined in the beginning are getting antsy for their stuff. The ultimatum end date is given.
7. The order is finally placed.
8. Waiting...
9. More waiting...
10. Tracking number!
11. Waiting...
12. The co-op runner person (totally official term) finally gets the fabric and we all do a happy dance.
13. Now their work begins, and it's time to cut and ship the fabric to all of us hungry fabric junkies.
14. Waiting again...
15. Painful waiting...
16. Serious torture here!
17. It's here!

Can you understand my frustration here? In the end it is definitely worth it for the deal. It is just torture to get it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...