Welcome! Hippie skirts and Harleys essentially explains my life. I am the hippie mom who likes to do a lot of things the natural way, and hippie skirts tend to be my favorite wardrobe item. Harleys is pretty self explanatory. My husband and I love to get on the bike and just go. Some people would consider us strange, but we're just us...

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Storage Solutions


Do you have any storage solutions? Because I surely don't. Not totally true, but I definitely need more! I really don't know if it is possible to have enough storage. When you think about it, there is always something else that needs to find a place. I love my house. It is just a basic ranch style house, but I have a huge living room, 2 bathrooms, 3 nice size bedrooms, and a laundry room on the main floor (only floor, but my last house had a basement and I was so sick of stairs!). The biggest problem besides my small kitchen and close neighbors (topic for a later day) is that I have no storage!

My kitchen cupboards are definitely to capacity, my hall closet is a joke, we need the bedroom closets for bedroom things, and there is not another closet in the house. I desperately need closets!

<---I wish!

I have a small cupboard in the living room that I am now keeping fabric in. It is too small. I need a large wardrobe. Better yet, I think Grizzly should build cabinets along one wall of my living room. I think it is a great idea! I have a really big (huge) window that would look great with a built in window seat with cupboards in the bottom. Plus shelves/cabinets/something on the sides of the window, floor to ceiling!

Sadly, this would probably only fix my fabric storage solution. It would be a great start though! In the meantime, because Grizzly has a long to do list, I have scavenged the house looking for more options. I have the small cupboard, and I am cleaning a rubbermaid plastic drawer set to add to it. It isn't a lot of space, but it will help get the boxes out of my living room.

I am also scouring craigslist looking for something that I could refinish to be moderately attractive, yet functionally hold my crafts supplies. Hopefully I find something!

1 comment:


  1. India's finest decorative arts for luxury home furniture and interiors. Our collection is custom created for you by our experts. cheap storage units we have a tendency to bring the world's best to our doorstep. welfurn is leading Interior design company that gives exquisite styles excellence in producing and Quality standards. will give door-step delivery and can complete the installation at your home.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...