Welcome! Hippie skirts and Harleys essentially explains my life. I am the hippie mom who likes to do a lot of things the natural way, and hippie skirts tend to be my favorite wardrobe item. Harleys is pretty self explanatory. My husband and I love to get on the bike and just go. Some people would consider us strange, but we're just us...

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Operation: Nursery

Operation: Nursery made major strides yesterday. I went back and forth, and forth and back, and nearly scrapped the whole project, but I bit the bullet and made a final decision. We stuck with princesses. Not just princesses though, I am thinking old school "Faerie Tale Theatre." I loved every episode! Cinderella, Snow White, Beauty and the Beast, Sleeping Beauty, those are easy to incorporate. The Dancing Princesses, The Princess Who Never Laughed (my personal favorite), The Princess and the Pea, those I get to flex my creative muscles.

Operation: Nursery will now be called Operation: Princess. It will not just include a paint job, but very detailed and precise work in sewing, stenciling, canvases, stained glass, and woodworking. It has definitely taken on a life of it's own!

I got the fabric last night. And wouldn't you know it, they had exactly 8 yards on the bolt; the exact amount I needed. It's fate, or dumb luck. Either way, I have fabric! I am now waiting VERY IMPATIENTLY patiently for the castle panel to get here. If Britches cooperates, I will start on the princesses who will live in this
enchanted castle. Tater reminded me that I need to finish his Easter basket (and start on his sister's) so my
ridiculously long sewing to do list is growing.

I also made a few other princess related purchases. They had a fantastic sale and Grizzly was with me (more importantly Grizzly's debit card was with me). First, a pumpkin carriage! Every self respecting princess must ride in a carriage that began it's life as a pumpkin. This one is simply a decoration, but still perfectly necessary. Second, a crown frame. Small touches, but I think they will add to the fairytale feel. Third, stencil paint. I am excited about this one. I found pink, blue, green, yellow, and gold. The gold is sparkly, can you tell I am excited? Now I can stencil adorable princesses, castles, and the like on her plain old boring walls.

I also have some ideas for the half a dozen canvases sitting in my living room. One will definitely be transformed into "The Princess and the Pea." I am not entirely sure how yet, but I do have some excellent plans of attack. Fingers crossed I can make progress today!


1 comment:

  1. wow that sounds so exciting, you make me want to do crafts. I can totally see how you are an artist through and through.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...