Welcome! Hippie skirts and Harleys essentially explains my life. I am the hippie mom who likes to do a lot of things the natural way, and hippie skirts tend to be my favorite wardrobe item. Harleys is pretty self explanatory. My husband and I love to get on the bike and just go. Some people would consider us strange, but we're just us...

Friday, March 18, 2011

Diaper Stalking



The art/sport of stalking diaper stockings... Is insane. If you have never taken part, stay away! They are incredibly addicting. If you don't understand the lingo here, let me give you a crash course. WAHMs are "work at home moms." These WAHMs can do anything and everything. One subset of WAHMs makes diapers. Not just any diapers, super cute expensive diapers. Most of them stock their stores once a week or so. Because these diapers are in such high demand, you have to stalk their stocking. You do this by hitting refresh, refresh, refresh! Sorry I got distracted by the refreshing...

Anyway, you must hit every .05 seconds until the diaper is listed for sale. Chances are if it is a highly sought after WAHM, you aren't going to get it. After one too many defeats, fluffy moms (meaning cloth diaper moms) snap. They lose it and lose their minds. This is when they call in reinforcements. This is done by begging, pleading, and trading favors with other fluffy moms. Pretty much anything short of trading your first born--which would be hilarious because that would defeat the purpose of the diaper! These armies have one purpose, and only one purpose--to get that diaper! I have only enlisted an army once, though I have helped others many times. Mine was completely necessary. Again, wink. It was for the Zoey diaper. My beautiful new daughter is Zoey, so I just had to get it. And I did. Insert smirk here...

I am in the midst of the craziest stocking I have participated in, the infamous Goodmama. I know, you seasoned Goodmama mamas are thinking I am crazy typing while stalking. I am killing time waiting for stragglers. I have no intention of buying a diaper, but I just had to see what all the fuss was about. Luckily I found a pre-loved one earlier this week, so I can even test them without having to go loco during a stocking.

After observing the crazy fluffy moms on Goodmama's site, I hopped over to Kanga-care. Rump-a-rooz was having a sale. Those mamas were just as crazy! Then the site crashed, chaos ensued, it was what I imagine as the apocalypse. One comment on their facebook wall said it all, "We, the overzealous bargain-hunting fluffy moms have officially broken the internet."

I have stalked my fair share of diapers, and won more than I'd like to admit to my husband. Wink, wink (he sees them all eventually, and really does support my addiction cloth diapering). I get excited about diapers, I have even planned my afternoon around which WAHMs were stalking, only once or twice... But I am continually amazed by the strange and oddest of creatures: the fluffy mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...