Welcome! Hippie skirts and Harleys essentially explains my life. I am the hippie mom who likes to do a lot of things the natural way, and hippie skirts tend to be my favorite wardrobe item. Harleys is pretty self explanatory. My husband and I love to get on the bike and just go. Some people would consider us strange, but we're just us...

Monday, March 21, 2011

Fabric Conundrum...

I have the worst time making purchasing decisions. Especially with fabric! If I have a specific project in mind, I go back and forth between my choices. Then I question those choices, and add a few more. Eventually my original choices are not even in the mix, but I still can't make a final decision. Then I see my original fabrics again, and it's love. So I should have learned by now to go with my first thought and just impulse buy. No such luck.

I am currently trying to decide between several fabrics for my daughters bedroom. I was very ill during my pregnancy, so I didn't get to set up a beautiful nursery like the other moms. I am trying give her a beautiful room now though. I was thinking something beautiful, without being uber-girly. Absolutely no princesses... That went out the window.

The current idea for her room started when my mom reminded me of a dollhouse she made for me as a little girl. It was a fabric panel with Velcro people, my mom is super crafty. I absolutely loved it! After her suggestion, I found a castle panel that would make a perfect curtain with the added bonus of playtime. I even found fabric with the perfect size little princesses. I only needed 1/3 of a yard, so it cost under $2.00 too! (Don't worry, a tutorial will magically appear after this project is finished)













Like I said, I had no intention of doing a princess room, but it fell into place after that. I ordered the castle, bought the princesses, painted the trim purple (because my hubby, mister grizzly mountain man doesn't like pink) a friend gave me some awesome wall decals and stencils that she used for her daughter's princess room, and I had a few decorations that would work. But what to do for the rest of the curtains, bedding, and other random fabric accessories?

The castle will work for the bottom of the closet curtain, but I need a top and a whole extra curtain. I have gone through every fabric site I can think of, and keep circling back to the same choices.

Originally I wanted this (pre-princess epiphany):


But then (post-princess epiphany) I wanted these:

Now I am just not sure what I want! I think I have looked at every princess/castle/fairy/enchanted forest/random fabric choice on the market. I have to make a decision... Will make a decision... Off to look at more fabric, I will keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...